Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Been A While, and I've Traveled Far...

I have to admit that my pattern of blogging has, to put it lightly, been non-existent over the past few months. There is good reason, as you might guess. If you have read my previous entries, you know that I took on a new territory for my job a few months ago that is known as “Rest of World”, or RoW for short. In the several months since I first began working on RoW, I have been lucky enough to travel to a number of international destinations, including Mexico, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Singapore, and yes, even Detroit!

I am writing this entry on a Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore to Brisbane, Australia. As I am currently in hour four of seven, I anticipate that I’ll have plenty of time to do some serious blogging. I plan to write separate articles on a number of subjects, including my experiences in each of the locations mentioned above. I also plan to write an article that will contain some tidbits of travel wisdom that I have gathered over the past few months of travel, and also an article that discusses a number of travel-specific topics, such as security in the various countries and the various airlines that I have used this year (which at present is around seven).

I also plan to devote an article to the experience that I had falling ill in Hong Kong. I think this is particularly germane, as before that I had never had to visit a doctor outside of my home town, much less cut a trip short due to illness. It taught me several very important lessons about health and staying healthy while abroad.

So fasten your seat belts, return your tray tables to their locked position, and bring your seat to its fully upright position—this is going to be an interesting ride!

No comments: